Here at the Duluth Playhouse, we make it a priority to offer a theatre experience that can be enjoyed by all patrons.
If you have specific questions or would like an accommodation not listed below, please contact our Patron Services Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218.733.7555.
ASL Interpreted Performances
- If you are interested in having an American Sign Language Interpreted performance by certified interpreters for an upcoming performance, please inquire or send request specific services at least one month prior to the date of performance you wish to attend. Email email@example.com or call 218.733.7555.
- ASL-Interpreted Performances for the 2018-2019 season are as follows:
- The Government Inspector: May 16 @ 7:30pm (NorShor Theatre)
- Grease: July 18 @ 7:30pm (NorShor Theatre)
- Our ASL interpreters are Rebecca Rick and another member of her team.
- To see where the ASL seating section is on the indicated dates as well as where the interpreters will be stationed for the performance, view this map.
- Our assistive listening system uses microphones during musical performances to enhance words spoken on stage by separating speech from the background noise. This system amplifies the actors and brings the sound directly into the patrons’ ears. The receivers are coupled with headphones and may be borrowed from the Box Office the night of a performance.
- Audio Description is the art of talking pictorially or becoming a “verbal camera lens,” to enable audience members who are blind or have low vision to hear descriptions of actions, body language, lights, costumes, scenery and other aspects of the production not conveyed by voices from the stage.
- A limited number of wheelchairs are available free of charge on a first come, first serve basis for use inside the NorShor and Depot theatres. Patrons may borrow courtesy wheelchairs if needed; please touch base with the House Manager the day of the performance.
High Magnification Glasses
- High Magnification Glasses for vision enhancement are available free of charge on a first come, first serve basis and are available at the Box Office the night of a performance.
Large Print Materials
- Large print materials are available at the Box Office upon request. These materials are provided free of charge.
- All restrooms are ADA accessible.
- Family Theatre: General restrooms are located on the main level of the Depot building, down the hall from the theatre.
- Underground Theatre: Restrooms are located just around the corner outside the theatre entrance doors.
- NorShor Theatre: Restrooms are located on both the main and mezzanine levels. On the main floor, the restrooms are located across from the Concessions booth and entrance into the main level auditorium. On the mezzanine level, restrooms are located on either side of the Mezzanine Bar.
- Service animals, such as guide dogs, are permitted to assist visitors.
Wheelchair & Accessible Seating
- Please view our Depot Theatre seating chart for indicated locations (in Row E), which are reserved for our patrons using wheelchairs. Wheelchair and Accessible Seating locations for the Underground Theatre will be determined by the flexible seating configuration that is used for individual productions. The NorShor Theatre also reserves seats for our patrons using wheelchairs. See that seating chart here.
If you have specific program questions or would like an accommodation not listed above, please contact our Patron Services Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218.733.7555.