The Duluth Playhouse is proud to announce its 2017-2018 seasons for its Main Stage, Underground, Children’s Theatre, and Theatre for Young Audiences (TYA) series.
This is a remarkable season because it also includes the inaugural season for the NorShor Theatre, projected to premiere its first performance in February 2018! Featuring six sensational titles in the Main Stage season, the Duluth Playhouse is ready for its next stage at the NorShor Theatre and its 650-seat theatre.
New, bold and classic titles alike await with the Underground Theatre and Playhouse Children’s Theatre, and we cannot wait to share them with audiences!
*Post updated June 8, 2017
The seasons include:
- Rumors by Neil Simon: September 21-October 1, 2017
- A Christmas Carol: November 30-December 17, 2017
- Mamma Mia!: February 1-18, 2018
- The NorShor Theatre’s premier performance!
- Lend Me a Tenor: April 5-15, 2018
- Our Town: May 17-27, 2018
- The Music Man: July 12-29. 2018
- SPECIAL EVENT: I Am My Own Wife: August 31-September 2, 2017
- 1984: October 5-14, 2017
- SPECIAL EVENT: The Rocky Horror Picture Show: October 26-31, 2017
- Calendar Girls: January 11-20, 2018
- Death of a Salesman: February 22-March 3, 2018
- Sweet Charity: April 19-May 5, 2018
- SPECIAL EVENT: What She Said One Act Festival: May 24-26, 2018
- The Toxic Avenger: August 2-18, 2018
PLAYHOUSE CHILDREN’S THEATRE*
- Madagascar – A Musical Adventure!: October 19-29, 2017
- The Wizard of Oz: March 8-18, 2018
- Peter Pan Jr! (Junior Intensive): June 29-July 1, 2018
- Guys & Dolls Jr! (Junior Intensive): July 27-29, 2018
- West Side Story and Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet (Teen Intensive — two shows performed in repertory style): August 9-19, 2018
THEATRE FOR YOUNG AUDIENCES (TYA)*
- The Jungle Book: January 18-28, 2018
- Dr. Seuss’ The Cat in the Hat: May 10-20, 2018
- Pinocchio: June 14-17, 2018 and July 12-15, 2018
Season subscribers will be able to purchase Main Stage season ticket packages beginning mid-June; single ticket sales will go on sale late August for the first show of the 2017-2018 season.
*For all upcoming seasons, all show titles and performance dates are subject to change.