All auditions are open to the public. Complete audition packets are available at the NorShor Box Office or online approximately two weeks prior to each audition date (if not sooner). All auditions will be held at the NorShor Theatre Rehearsal Studio spaces (located at 211 East Superior Street, on the 3rd Floor via the skywalk or the Lights on Duluth space) unless otherwise noted.
The Music Man
- General Auditions & Callbacks: March 17, 18 & 19
- Saturday, March 17 (9am-Noon): Youth ages 10-15 for the roles of Amaryllis, Winthrop, Gracie, and others. Sign up for a 5-minute time slot. Please sing 76 Trombones and read a short excerpt (both included in packet).
Saturday, March 17 (2pm-6pm): Adults for principal and supporting roles (see character breakdown in audition packet). Sign up for a 5-minute slot. Please sing 16-bars in the style of the show and select short monologue to read (included in packet).
Sunday, March 18 (10:30-11:30am): Callbacks for youth
Sunday, March 18 (11:30am-1pm): Adults unable to be seen on Saturday
- Sunday, March 18 (2-6pm): Callbacks for adults (appointment times TBA)
- Monday, March 19 (starting at 5pm): Tentative additional auditions, as necessary.
- NOTE: If you cannot make these auditions, video submissions are acceptable. Please video yourself singing 16-32 bars in the style of the show and reading the attached monologue. Email to Topaz Cooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rehearsals: Begin May 2018
- Performances: July 12-29, 2018 @ the NorShor Theatre. Please note there may be additional performances on Wednesdays (July 18 & July 25).
- Download ‘The Music Man’ audition packet here!
The Toxic Avenger
- General Auditions: Saturday, March 17
- Callbacks: Saturday, March 17 (if needed)
- Audition Requirements: Short readings of sides to be provided the day of auditions. Please prepare 16-32 bars of a song that you feel shows off your capabilities or strengths. Please provide sheet music, an accompanist will be provided.
- Directed by: Jody Kujawa
- Rehearsals: Begin early June (Monday-Friday, 6:00pm-10:00pm)
- Performances: August 2-18, 2018 in the Underground Theatre
There are no Children’s Theatre audition announcements at this time.
THEATRE FOR YOUNG AUDIENCES:
The Cat in the Hat
- General Auditions: Saturday, March 24
- Audition packet coming soon!