Derek Bromme: Sky:
You’re a musician; what got you into musicianship?
- My mother played trumpet and we had a piano in the house that my mom played. We also sang a lot as a family.
How does that cross over into musical theater?
- I grew up watching a lot of musicals (Into The Woods, Phantom of the Opera, Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat, Jesus Christ Superstar, etc). The music I like to listen to most is music I can sing to, and my voice sort of molded itself into a musical theater voice.
What’s something about your character that no one knows?
- I’m more comfortable singing on stage than playing trombone, and I have a doctorate in that.
What is your go-to snack?
- Candy (Scottie Dog black licorice)
What’s your biggest accomplishment?
- My relationship with my husband. It is the easiest thing I’ve done with my life and by far what I am most proud of.
Mamma Mia! might be sold out, but here are a couple of options to try and see the show still:
- Call the Box Office and get your name on the Wait List. If tickets open up during business hours, we’ll start at the top of the list and make our way down until the tickets are claimed.
- Show up an hour prior to a night’s performance (6:30pm for evening shows, 1:00pm for matinees) and get in the Rush Line. If tickets are available due to last minute cancellations or no-shows, we will sell open seats on a first come, first serve basis. No guarantee of seat location, how many seats will be available, or if seats will even be available.