We’re thrilled to announce the finalists for #SSFF2019!
These films (all 5-minutes or less) will be shown this Saturday, February 16 at the 14th Annual Short Shorts Film Festival, and we need *YOU* in the audience to choose the top three winners of the night!
Now, without further adieu, here are the short short finalists:
- Canceled by Jimmy Caputo (USA)
- “Good Grief” by Mercies May (Minneapolis, MN)
- In These Woods by Jovante Williams (Minneapolis, MN)
- Dinner by C. Yang (China)
- Mio Gatto Dante by Will Berry (Cumberland Foreside, ME)
- Blast Minute Shopping by Matt Bogacki (Baltimore, MD)
- The Notebook by Randall Oelerich (Duluth, MN)
- Shitty Wizard: Super Cut by Brett Jubinville (Canada)
- Little Ghost Girl by Adriane Little (Kalamazoo, MI)
- Nashedonia by Will Berry (Cumberland Foreside, ME)
- The Return by Tom Lovegrin (New York, NY)
- Auroras In The Northland by Matthew Moses (Duluth, MN)
- Devil Boy by Hannah Grunzke (Duluth, MN)
- Someone Else’s Shoes by Ryan Grams (Champlin, MN)
- A Story About Lights by James Barahanos (Carlingford, NSW, Australia)
- Silent Ruin by Jaye Swift (Llantwit Major, UK)
- Growing Alice by Danila Zambrano (Ireland)
- Reminiscing by Luke Grandmont (Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario)
- Midway Home by Frank Javier Richards (Miami Beach, FL)
- Fairy Tail by Justin and Kristin Schaack (Richfield, MN)
The Duluth Short Shorts Film Festival (SSFF2019), marking its 14th year in 2019, is northern Minnesota’s only short film festival.
- PERFORMANCE DATE: February 16, 2019 @ 7:00pm
- TICKETS: $15
- Purchase here.
A panel of judges selected the film finalists (highlighted above), and, WE NEED YOU IN THE AUDIENCE TO CHOOSE THE TOP THREE WINNERS OF THE NIGHT! Stick around after all the short films have been viewed while the audience votes are tallied and enjoy complimentary snacks provided by Pizza Luce.
Operated by The Underground, a satellite theatre of The Duluth Playhouse, this annual celebration of short cinema debuts 15-18 short films out of more than 100+ film submissions and welcomes local, national, and international filmmakers of all kinds.