The celebration of original plays and monolouges written by women (and only women) returns for its fourth year!
Written by women from all over the country, directed by women from across the Twin Ports, and performed by local community actors, this short play festival highlights the female voice and everything it has to say.
Below, enjoy a preview of the selected short pieces, the playwrights, and the directors bringing these originals to life from March 26-28 in The Underground Theatre.
1.) Cluck Deluxe
- Written by Bonnie Antosh (Asheville, North Carolina & New York, New York)
- Directed by Haley Methner
2.) Never Again
- Written by Donna Hoke (Amherst, New York)
- Directed by Kathy Lakkso
3.) The Shame Play
- Written by Shelli Pentimall Bookler (North Wales, Pennsylvania)
- Directed by Alice Schroeder
4.) Sticks and Stones
- Written by Wendy Gustofson (Duluth, Minnesota)
- Directed by Katie Jacobson
5.) Jane Erred
- Written by Laura King (Barnsville, Georgia)
- Directed by Kate Horvath
6.) The Appointment
- Written by Rachel Carnes (Eugene, Oregon)
- Directed by Kendra Carlson
COME SEE THE SHOWS!
- What: The 4th Annual What She Said Festival
- Where: The Underground Theatre (506 W. Michigan St.)
- Dates: March 26-28, 2020
- Showtimes: All performances at 7:30pm
- Tickets: Standard – $20 // Student Rush – $18
- Purchase: Online // 218.733.7555 (M-F, 10am-6pm) // In-person at the NorShor Theatre Box Office at 211 E. Superior St.