This year’s Short Shorts Film Festival is going to be particularly exciting because it’s celebrating its 15th year on January 18, 2020.
This festival started in the Play Ground black box theatre in 2005 and has grown to become a local favorite and sold-out event.
When we started, we were the only short film festival (with all films under 5-minutes) in the Upper Midwest. Many things have changed throughout the years, including technology, but one that that hasn’t changed is YOU, the audience, choose the winners.
We have some fun things planned for our 15th Anniversary so save the date and see you there!
Better yet? Submit a film to this year’s festival for a chance to win cash prizes. Keep reading for the full submission rules and then bookmark filmfreeway.com/
15th Annual Short Shorts Film Festival: Saturday, January 18 at 7:00pm
DEADLINE TO ENTER: January 10, 2020, 4:30pm CST.
#SSFF2020 FILM SUBMISSION RULES:
- Film duration *MUST* be five minutes or less.
- Film must not contain any nudity or any content that would give the film an R-rating.
- Film MUST have original or royalty-free music that you have obtained permission to use.
- Film content must be original (no adaptations).
- Film may be in any genre: animation, documentary, comedy, drama, music video, etc.
- You may submit more than one film to the festival.
- There is a $15.00 entry fee, per film. There are no refunds on entry fees to if your film is disqualified, or not selected as a finalist.
- THE LAST DAY YOUR FILM WILL BE ACCEPTED IS January 10, 2020, at 4:30pm.
- You will be notified via email the week of January 13, 2020, if your film is selected for our Festival.
- A panel of judges will review the films, and the top selections (usually 12-15 total) will be shown at the festival on January 18, 2020, at 7:00pm.
- Filmmakers who are finalists receive one complimentary ticket to the event.
- The audience the night of the Festival score each film from 1-10, and the top three (first, second, and third place) are announced live at the event and will receive a cash prize (listed below).
- Filmmakers need not be present to win.
Checks will be handed out the evening of the event or put in the mail the following Monday. Please make sure you list your proper mailing address on your application
Questions or submission problems? Please email Robert at email@example.com.
Simply want to attend the Festival and vote on the winners?
- DATE: Saturday, January 18, 2020
- TIME: 7:00pm
- WHERE: The Underground Theatre (506 W. Michigan St)
- TICKETS: $20
- PURCHASE: www.duluthunderground.org // 218.733.7555