Mother’s Day is just under a week away, and we want to help you celebrate the leading ladies in your life. While cards and flowers are nice (and beautiful!), why not treat Mom out to a night at the theatre? Make it an experience in downtown Duluth for a night, and it’ll one unforgettable way of showing her how much you appreciate her and all she does.
And, we have a few shows coming up that will suit any Mom’s fancy!
- Bringing the whole family to The Cat in the Hat?
- From the moment his tall, red-and-white-striped hat appears around the door, Sally and her brother know that The Cat in the Hat is the funniest, most mischievous cat that they have ever met. With the trickiest of tricks and the craziest of ideas, he is certainly loads of fun. He turns a rainy afternoon into an amazing adventure… but what will mum find when she gets home…?
- This family-friendly production is brought to life by the Theatre for Young Audiences (TYA), and with its audience interactions, it’ll be just as fun for mom and dad as it is for the kiddos.
- Tickets are on sale now and the show is already open! Performances are at the Playhouse Family Theatre at the Depot on weekends from May 5-20.
- Get your tickets here.
- Remembering the good ol’ days with Our Town?
- Narrated by a stage manager and performed with minimal props and sets, audiences follow the Webb and Gibbs families as their children fall in love, marry, and eventually – in one of the most famous scenes in American theatre – die. Thornton Wilder’s final word on how he wanted his play performed is an invaluable addition to the American stage and to the libraries of theatre lovers internationally.
- It’s an incredibly appropriate show to perform in the NorShor Theatre as in Grover’s Corner, all the world’s a stage as the characters convene in a theatre to reenact their stories from 100 years ago.
- Tickets are now on sale. Performances are at the NorShor Theatre from May 24-June 3.
- Reserve your seats for this classic here.
- Celebrating everything mom, grandma, great-grandma, and every other woman in your life has to say by hitting up the What She Said: One-Act Festival?
- This festival is a celebration of original short plays written by women from all over the world and directed by women from the Twin Ports region. This series of one-act plays highlight the female voice and everything women have to say.
- The Underground created this festival as an opportunity for women playwrights, directors and actresses to have a focused space to express themselves in a Duluth theatre. A short play festival provides for a greater number of voices and productions that can focus on the writing and performance and create a more robust dialogue than a production of a single play.
- This festival is has a short run, so get your tickets now. Performances are in The Underground Theatre from May 24-26.
- Book them tickets now.
- A Ladies Night Out to The Music Man?
- Wicked, funny, warm, romantic and touching, The Music Man is family entertainment at its best. Meredith Willson’s six-time, Tony Award-winning musical comedy is a family-friendly story to be shared with every generation.
- The Music Man follows fast-talking traveling salesman, Harold Hill, as he cons the people of River City, Iowa, into buying instruments and uniforms for a boys’ band that he vows to organize – this, despite the fact that he doesn’t know a trombone from a treble clef. His plans to skip town with the cash are foiled when he falls for Marian, the librarian, who transforms him into a respectable citizen by curtain’s fall.
- Tickets are on sale now! Performances are at the NorShor Theatre from July 12-29.
- Buy’em here.
- Reminisce about a grand opening?
- While it’s no longer on our stage (and hasn’t been for a few months), how could we leave it off the list? Oh, Mamma Mia!, here we go again. Why, why, did we ever let you go…off our stage? 🙂
Happy Mother’s Day to all the mom’s out there! We heart you <3