THEATRE FOR ALL
Duluth Playhouse is committed to creating accessible theatre experiences for all people in our community. We offer the following services upon request. If you have specific questions or would like an accommodation not listed below, please contact our Inclusion Coordinator, Samantha Smingler at Belong@DuluthPlayhouse.org or 218.733.7555.
ASL-Performances for the 2021-2022 season will be announced soon.
Email Samantha Smingler at Belong@DuluthPlayhouse.org or call 218.733.7555 for more information.
ASSISTIVE LISTENING DEVICES
- Our assistive listening system uses microphones during musical performances to enhance words spoken on stage by separating speech from the background noise. This system amplifies the actors and brings the sound directly into the patrons’ ears. The receivers are coupled with headphones and may be borrowed from the Box Office the night of a performance at the NorShor Theatre and the Playhouse Family Theatre.
- Audio Description is the art of talking pictorially or becoming a “verbal camera lens,” to enable audience members who are blind or have low vision to hear descriptions of actions, body language, lights, costumes, scenery and other aspects of the production not conveyed by voices from the stage.
- NORSHOR THEATRE: We now offer wheelchair assistance from the Medical District Parking Ramp to inside the NorShor Theatre. Right inside the doors of the Medical District Parking Ramp, we have a waiting area and ushers ready to help should you require assistance safely navigating the skywalk and your way into the NorShor.
- FAMILY & UNDERGROUND THEATRE: A limited number of wheelchairs are available free of charge on a first-come, first-serve basis for use inside Depot when visiting the Family and Underground Theatres. Patrons may borrow courtesy wheelchairs if needed; please touch base with the House Manager the day of the performance.
LARGE PRINT MATERIALS
- Large print materials are available at the Box Office upon request. These materials are provided free of charge.
- NorShor Theatre: Restrooms are located on both the main and mezzanine levels.
- On the main floor, the restrooms are located across from the Concessions booth and entrance into the main level auditorium. These restrooms are wheelchair and ADA accessible.
- On the mezzanine level, restrooms are located on either side of the Mezzanine Bar.
- Family Theatre: General restrooms are located on the main level of the Depot building, down the hall from the theatre.
- Underground Theatre: Restrooms are located just around the corner outside the theatre entrance doors.
- Service animals, such as guide dogs, are welcomed to assist visitors.
WHEELCHAIR & ACCESSIBLE SEATING
- The NorShor Theatre reserves seats for our patrons using wheelchairs. See our seating chart here.
- View our Family Theatre seating chart for indicated locations (in Row E), which are reserved for our patrons using wheelchairs.
- Wheelchair and Accessible Seating locations for the Underground Theatre will be determined by the flexible seating configuration that is used for individual productions.
SENSORY FRIENDLY PERFORMANCES
We are excited to open our 2021-2022 season with Sensory Friendly performances at the Family Theatre. More information coming soon.
Social Narrative and Tips for Seeing Matilda at the Family Theater
If you have specific program questions or would like an accommodation not listed above, please contact our Inclusion Coordinator, Samantha Smingler at Belong@DuluthPlayhouse.org or 218.733.7555.