Calling for #SSFF2019 Submissions!
We present the 14th Annual Short Shorts Film Festival at The Underground Theatre in Duluth, Minnesota on February 16, 2019. Did you know it’s Northern Minnesota’s only Short Film Festival?
This Film Festival is open to professional and amateur filmmakers from all over the city, the region, the state, the country, and the world, and in all genres.
A panel of judges will select the top 15 finalists, and a live audience will pick the top three winners at the night of the event, who will receive cash prizes. Need not be present to win.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: February 8, 2019 by 4:30pm
- Film duration must be 5 minutes or less!
- Film must not contain any nudity or content that would give the film an R-rating.
- Film MUST have original or royalty free music you have obtained permission to use.
- Film content must be original (no adaptations).
- Film may be in any genre: animation, documentary, comedy, drama, music video, etc.
- You may submit more than one film to the festival for consideration.
- There is a $15.00 entry fee (per film).
- Films must be submitted via our event profile on FilmFreeway.com.
- A panel of judges will review the films, and the top selections (usually 12-15 total) will be shown at the festival on February 16, 2019 at 7pm.
- You will be notified via email the week of February 11th if your film has been selected as a finalist for the festival
- Filmmakers that are finalists receive one complimentary ticket to the event.
- The audience will score each film from 1-10, and the top three will be announced live at the event, and will receive a cash prize (listed below).
AWARDS FOR 1ST, 2ND & 3RD
- First Place: $300
- Second Place: $200
- Third Place: $100
Filmmakers need not be present to win. There are no refunds on entry fees if your film is disqualified, or not selected as a finalist. Prize money will be handed out the evening of the event or put in the mail the following Monday. Please make sure you list your proper mailing address on your application
Questions? Please email Robert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preview and Sponsor Nights
Thank you for your interest in the Duluth Playhouse and its Preview & Sponsor Night performances! We are offering a rotation of invited guests to our Sponsor Night performances (which is always the Wednesday before Opening Night).
To get on the rotating guest list, please provide the following information:
- Business/Organization Name
- Contact Name
- Contact Email and phone number
- Size of Group
Email to Lacy at email@example.com.
How Does It Work?
- You will be emailed when it is your turn in the rotation to attend the complimentary performance. If you confirm that the date works for your group, you will be emailed tickets to the performance. All of our performances at the NorShor, including Sponsor Night performances, are assigned seating with tickets.
- You will need to bring the tickets to the event to gain entry. Entry is through the Box Office access to the theatre (not the Main Entrance under the marquee). The theatre doors will be open for invited guests at 7:00pm for seating.
To Receive the Tickets:
- Once you are invited and confirm the date works for your group, you will receive an email with the tickets. If you have printer access, you can print the tickets from that email, or you can stop by the NorShor Box Office (211 E. Superior St.) during business hours (Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm), and we can print the confirmed tickets for you.
How long will we have to wait to see a show?
- We are new to this method and have received a lot of interest. We will do our best to rotate through groups and get you in as quickly as we can. Our Sponsor Preview Nights have been consistently filling up, and we will be offering Sponsor Nights in our new 2018-19 season.
Stay tuned and THANK YOU for your patience!