Dinner and a Show for ‘Don’t Dress For Dinner’!
Marriage + Desire + Cordon Bleu Cuisine = An evening of hilarious confusion! But, first…how about dinner?
Join us for a special event on February 8, 2019…just because!
Start by enjoying a delicious dinner buffet in the Moorish Room by Blackwoods in the Greysolon Plaza; then make your way down the block to the NorShor Theatre to laugh your way through a hilarious performance of Don’t Dress For Dinner, directed by Duluth’s own Katy Helbacka.
Perfect for a girl’s night out, a date night with your special someone, a family outing, or simply something different for your Friday night out on the town.
- Dinner and a Show package: $50-$60 *This includes both the dinner and show ticket.
- Show only: $30-$40
- Already purchased tickets to this night’s performance and want to add-on the dinner beforehand? No problem; call our Box Office to upgrade your reservation at 218.733.7555!
DINNER BUFFET MENU:
- Champagne chicken
- Mashed garlic potatoes
- Green Bean Almondine
- Homemade Bread
- House Salad
- Stationed Wave of Passion Dessert
- Coffee & Water
- Cash bar also available at dinner
TO PURCHASE THE DINNER & A SHOW PACKAGE ONLINE:
- Go to www.duluthplayhouse.org
- Find Don’t Dress for Dinner in the rotating banner on the homepage or by clicking on the orange ‘Get Your Tickets’ button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click ‘Select,’ and select the February 8 date.
- Choose your seats for the performance at the NorShor, then click ‘Continue’.
- Select your ticket Delivery Option.
- Click ‘Proceed to Payment’.
- Enter the required information.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- Click ‘Next’
- Click on ‘February 8th Dinner’ option.
- Choose Quantity (this number should be the same as the number of tickets you’re purchasing)
- Hit ‘Continue’ until you reach the Process Payment screen.
- Select ‘Process Payment’, and you are done! You will receive an email confirmation.
Already have tickets to the show and want to add-on the dinner?
No problem! Go to www.duluthplayhouse.org and find the February 8th – Dinner Before The Show event option and purchase it!
Questions: Call us and we will be happy to place your order for you! Our new Winter Box Office Hours are Monday-Friday from 12pm-6pm.
Calling for #SSFF2019 Submissions!
We present the 14th Annual Short Shorts Film Festival at The Underground Theatre in Duluth, Minnesota on February 16, 2019. Did you know it’s Northern Minnesota’s only Short Film Festival?
This Film Festival is open to professional and amateur filmmakers from all over the city, the region, the state, the country, and the world, and in all genres.
A panel of judges will select the top 15 finalists, and a live audience will pick the top three winners at the night of the event, who will receive cash prizes. Need not be present to win.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: February 8, 2019 by 4:30pm
- Film duration must be 5 minutes or less!
- Film must not contain any nudity or content that would give the film an R-rating.
- Film MUST have original or royalty free music you have obtained permission to use.
- Film content must be original (no adaptations).
- Film may be in any genre: animation, documentary, comedy, drama, music video, etc.
- You may submit more than one film to the festival for consideration.
- There is a $15.00 entry fee (per film).
- Films must be submitted via our event profile on FilmFreeway.com.
- A panel of judges will review the films, and the top selections (usually 12-15 total) will be shown at the festival on February 16, 2019 at 7pm.
- You will be notified via email the week of February 11th if your film has been selected as a finalist for the festival
- Filmmakers that are finalists receive one complimentary ticket to the event.
- The audience will score each film from 1-10, and the top three will be announced live at the event, and will receive a cash prize (listed below).
AWARDS FOR 1ST, 2ND & 3RD
- First Place: $300
- Second Place: $200
- Third Place: $100
Filmmakers need not be present to win. There are no refunds on entry fees if your film is disqualified, or not selected as a finalist. Prize money will be handed out the evening of the event or put in the mail the following Monday. Please make sure you list your proper mailing address on your application
Questions? Please email Robert at email@example.com.
Preview and Sponsor Nights to Playhouse performances
Thank you for your interest in the Duluth Playhouse and its Preview & Sponsor Night performances! We are offering a rotation of invited guests to our Sponsor Night performances (which is always the Wednesday before Opening Night).
To get on the rotating guest list, please provide the following information:
- Business/Organization Name
- Contact Name
- Contact Email and phone number
- Size of Group
Email to Lacy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Does It Work?
- You will be emailed when it is your turn in the rotation to attend the complimentary performance. If you confirm that the date works for your group, you will be emailed tickets to the performance. All of our performances at the NorShor, including Sponsor Night performances, are assigned seating with tickets.
- You will need to bring the tickets to the event to gain entry. Entry is through the Box Office access to the theatre (not the Main Entrance under the marquee). The theatre doors will be open for invited guests at 7:00pm for seating.
To Receive the Tickets:
- Once you are invited and confirm the date works for your group, you will receive an email with the tickets. If you have printer access, you can print the tickets from that email, or you can stop by the NorShor Box Office (211 E. Superior St.) during business hours (Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm), and we can print the confirmed tickets for you.
How long will we have to wait to see a show?
- We are new to this method and have received a lot of interest. We will do our best to rotate through groups and get you in as quickly as we can. Our Sponsor Preview Nights have been consistently filling up, and we will be offering Sponsor Nights in our new 2018-19 season.
Stay tuned and THANK YOU for your patience!