Purchasing tickets online is the fastest way to secure tickets to the next Playhouse show. All ticket sales and seat availability are in real-time. When purchasing tickets online or over the phone, request to have tickets sent to you via email (for printing at home) or directly to your mobile device via our Walletini app. Print tickets ahead of time, and skip the line every single time! All ticket sales are final.
For ease of purchase, please use web browser Google Chrome on all devices.
By making a donation to the Duluth Playhouse, you help ensure we can continue what we do best: performing exceptional live entertainment.
Charitable giving can be done in many thoughtful ways, and gifts may be pledged and payments spread over several years. Pledges can be paid over a period of up to 5 years. Here are a few examples of gifts that may suit your philanthropy planning:
- Checks, cash, or credit card. These are the most common gifts made. Your gift will be deductible at its full value on your income tax return if you itemize your deductions; up to 60% of your adjusted gross income (tax deduction can be spread over multiple years and carried forward to future tax years if limitations exist; consult your tax advisor).
- Publicly Traded Stocks. These are easy to give and can offer you great tax advantages. If you have held the stock for more than 1 year, and it has appreciated in value, you can make a gift of publicly traded stock to Duluth Playhouse and avoid paying capital gains tax on the transaction. Your broker can make the transaction electronically, upon your authorization.
- Qualified Retirement Assets. Your retirement fund can be taxed at a high rate if passed on to heirs but can pass to charities without taxation. Leaving your remaining retirement assets to the Duluth Playhouse as part of your estate planning is a very simple gift to make. Of note, if you wish to contribute from your IRA during your lifetime and you are age 70 ½ or older, you can contribute up to $100,000 directly from your IRA and avoid paying income taxes on the distribution (again, consult your tax advisor).
- Life Insurance. Life insurance can be an excellent tool for making charitable gifts. Through a relatively small annual cost (the premium), a benefit far in excess of what would otherwise be possible can be provided for the Duluth Playhouse. Consult your financial advisor to discuss your options.
- Real Estate. Residences, vacation homes, farmland and other real estates can be given, subject to Duluth Playhouse’s Gift Acceptance Policy.
- Bequest. While this involves longer-term planning, a gift made through your will can benefit the Duluth Playhouse in years to come. In your will, you can name the Duluth Playhouse to receive a specific amount, a percentage of your estate, or to be a contingent beneficiary.
To discuss your giving options, contact Christine Gradl Seitz at 218-733-7551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for investing in the arts and in your local Duluth community!
Please check the Main Stage, Underground Theatre, or Family Theatre ticket pages to see if tickets are on sale to the general public. Tickets generally go on sale the day after the previous show closes.
Gift certificates to the Duluth Playhouse are the perfect gift for every occasion and for absolutely everyone. There’s nothing better than an evening of theatre at the Playhouse! Gift certificates can be purchased online or by calling the Playhouse box office at 218.733.7555. Allow approximately one week for delivery of the gift certificate by mail. Print-at-home gift certificates are available for delivery via e-mail. Print-at-home gift certificates will be emailed within 24 hours.
- You may redeem your Playhouse gift certificate online, over the phone or in-person at the Box Office.
- Gift certificates may be used to purchase tickets to Main Stage, Underground, and Family Theatre performances or towards class/camp tuition with our Education Program.
- Gift certificates are not redeemable for cash.
- Gift certificates expire at the end of the current 2017-2018 season (August 20, 2018) unless otherwise noted on the Gift Certificate.
- If your gift certificate does not cover the entire amount of your purchase, a credit card number, check or cash is required to pay for the remainder of the order.
- If your gift certificate covers more than the amount of your purchase, the balance will remain on the certificate.
Gift Certificate Options & Prices
General Certificate for any Playhouse performance at any venue:
- Any $ amount of your choice
- 2 tickets to any 1 show: $100
- 1 ticket to any 1 show: $50
Family Theatre & Education Program:
- 2 tickets to any 1 show of the Family Theatre season: $34
- A Family Theatre Family Pass (2 adult, 2 youth): $64
- 2 tickets to any 1 Underground show: $40
- 1 ticket to any 1 Underground show: $20
Redeeming Your Gift Certificate
Enter your certificate number at the Order Details screen of your online order; if your gift certificate does not cover the entire amount of your purchase, enter your credit card information for the balance at the Billing Information screen.
Call the Box Office at 218.733.7555 and place your order. When it comes time to pay for your order, give the Box Office the certificate number printed on your gift certificate.
Visit the Box Office during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm) and present your gift certificate.